ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Royal Observatory, Edinburgh, Scotland. This reflector telescope is on an equatorial mount. It was donated in 1888 by Lord Lindsay (James Ludovic Lindsay, 1847-1913) from his Dun Echt observatory for the new Edinburgh observatory on Blackford Hill (opened 1896). This telescope was made by British instrument maker John Browning (c.1831-1925), with his name and address (111 Minories, London) given on the base. Artwork from 'A Handbook of Descriptive and Practical Astronomy' (1890, 4th edition, volume II) by British author George Frederick Chambers (1841â1915).
Model release not required. Property release not required.