PATRICK LANDMANN / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY PATRICK LANDMANN / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
The Ark of the Covenant. Illuminated manuscript miniature from the 15th-century Alba Bible, depicting the Ark of the Covenant at far left (The Second Book of Samuel). The Alba Bible, completed in 1430, is a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Medieval Castilian. It was commissioned in 1422. The 513 pages are illustrated with 334 miniatures, produced by members of the Franciscan Order in Toledo. The original is displayed in Madrid, Spain.
Model release not required. Property release not required.