SPUTNIK / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY SPUTNIK / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
MiG-3. Rear three-quarter view of a Soviet MiG-3 fighter. It was powered by a single piston engine and was armed with one 12.7mm gun and two 7.62mm guns. The MiG-3 came from the design bureau of Artem Mikoyan and Mikhail Gurevich and entered service in 1941. Designed primarily for high-altitude interception, it was difficult to fly and sluggish in the low-level combat it encountered on the Eastern Front with Germany. Some 3,172 were produced, being retired from service at the end of the war.
Model release not required. Property release not available.