BRITISH LIBRARY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY BRITISH LIBRARY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Covent Garden Market. Covent Garden Market, London, UK. The shops are located in Covent Garden square, first laid out in 1630. The building at the south-western end is St Paul's Church, completed in 1633. A market started here from the 1650s, eventually taking the form of these wooden stalls and sheds. These were replaced in 1830 by a neo-classical market building. Engraved by John Bluck, this artwork combines architectural details by Charles Augustus Pugin, and human figures by Thomas Rowlandson. Published 1 January 1811 in 'Ackermann's Repository of Arts'.
Model release not required. Property release not required.