HAGLEY MUSEUM AND ARCHIVE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY HAGLEY MUSEUM AND ARCHIVE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
DuPont Experimental Station, aerial photograph. This research site for the DuPont company is located on the banks of the Brandywine Creek in Wilmington, Delaware, USA. It was established in 1903. New materials developed and discovered here include neoprene, nylon (by Wallace Carothers), tyvek, kevlar, mylar, nomex, and crown ethers. The latter discovery led to a share of the 1987 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for DuPont chemist Charles J. Pedersen. Photographed in around the 1950s.
Model release not required. Property release not required.