HAGLEY MUSEUM AND ARCHIVE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY HAGLEY MUSEUM AND ARCHIVE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
DuPont labels display. Woman adjusting a display of product labels used in the 1940s by the DuPont Company (founded in 1802). DuPont had primarily been a manufacturer of explosives. It then broadened its base to industrial chemicals. It began coating fabrics soon after 1900. By the end of World War One it dealt in paints, plastics and dyes. Other products included Rayon, Ducco, enamels and cellophane. The greatest growth was in the period from 1928. Further products include nylon, neoprene, acetate rayon, film and ammonia. By the 1940s, DuPont had some 1200 product lines. Image from DuPont Product Information Photographs.
Model release not available. Property release not required.