BRITISH LIBRARY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY BRITISH LIBRARY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
A view of St George's Cathedral, Madras built by Thomas Fiott de Havilland (1775-1866) with carriages arriving at the door. St George's was consecrated in 1816 and became the cathedral church when the Diocese of Madras was constituted in 1835. Watercolour. Originally published in Madras, 1849. Illustrated by Justinian Gantz.
Model release not required. Property release not required.