SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Niagara Falls power scheme. Electrical engineers in 1893 studying plans for a 5000-horsepower alternator for the hydroelectric power scheme at Niagara Falls. Built by the Cataract Company, the power plant opened in 1895. Standing (from left): F. Jaynes, William Henry Preece, John Fletcher Moulton. Seated (from left): Colonel Clowry, Professor George Forbes, Major Henry Capel Lofft Holden, Major Arthur Henry Bagnold. On ground: Captain Archibald John Saltren-Willett. Photographed on 11 September 1893 at Niagara Falls, New York, USA. Published in 'History of the Institution of Electrical Engineers 1871-1931' (Appleyard, 1939).
Model release not available. Property release not required.