KING'S COLLEGE LONDON / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY KING'S COLLEGE LONDON / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Kramer's telegraph. German inventor August Kramer (1817-1885). Full electric telegraphy was developed by several inventors in the 1830s and 1840s. The pointer telegraph used automatic circuit interruption to move the pointer to the desired letter or number. Kramer was chosen to construct the telegraph line between Berlin and Cologne, but his machines were later replaced with ones from Siemens and Halske, themselves later replaced by Morse telegraphy. Artwork from an 1873 edition of a German book on the application of electromagnetism to the new technology of telegraphy.
Model release not required. Property release not required.