25.3 MB (7.0 MB compressed)
3275 x 2705 pixels
27.7 x 22.9 cm ⏐ 10.9 x 9.0 in (300dpi)
CCI ARCHIVES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY CCI ARCHIVES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Graf Zeppelin II. Historical illustration of the Graf Zeppelin II airship flying over a field of sheep. The Graf Zeppelin II (D-LZ 130) was the last of the German rigid airships built by the Zeppelin Luftschiffbau during the period between the World Wars. It was the second and final ship of the Hindenburg class named in honour of Paul von Hindenburg. It made just 30 flights over 11 months between 1938-39 before being scrapped in 1940. Image from 'Wonders of Peace and War', by Geza Supka, Hungary, 1939.
Model release not required. Property release not required.