EMILIO SEGRE VISUAL ARCHIVES / AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY EMILIO SEGRE VISUAL ARCHIVES / AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Editorial use only.
Frederick William University. Exterior view of the Physics Institute at the Frederick William University (Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universitat), Berlin, Germany. This University (now Humboldt University) was founded in 1810 as the University of Berlin by Friedrich Willhelm von Humboldt. From 1828 it was known as the Frederick William University but changed it's name in 1949 to Humboldt University in honour of in honour of both Wilhelm and Alexander von Humboldt.
Model release not available. Property release not required.