ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Armagh 10-inch refractor telescope, 1885. Armagh Observatory in Northern Ireland was founded in 1790 by Archbishop Richard Robinson (1709-1794). This 10-inch refractor telescope was manufactured by instrument makers Grubb in Dublin, and installed at the observatory in 1885. It was funded in memory of the observatory's third director Thomas Romney Robinson (1792-1882) and the dome housing the telescope was named the Robinson Memorial Dome. For the dome, see image R100/0209.
Model release not required. Property release not required.