30.2 MB (13.2 MB compressed)
2946 x 3580 pixels
24.9 x 30.2 cm ⏐ 9.8 x 11.9 in (300dpi)
MUSEUM OF THE HISTORY OF SCIENCE / OXFORD UNIVERSITY IMAGES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY MUSEUM OF THE HISTORY OF SCIENCE / OXFORD UNIVERSITY IMAGES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
The Interior of the Radcliffe Astronomical Observatory, Oxford, by J. Bluck 1814. The observer's room of the Radcliffe Observatory was built in 1773 and in use until 1934, by James Wyatt and modelled on the Tower of the Winds in Athens. The first Radcliffe Observer, Thomas Hornsby, commissioned astronomical instruments from some of the eighteenth century's finest makers including Bird, Dollond, and Shelton.
Model release not required. Property release not required.