UNIVERSAL HISTORY ARCHIVE / UIG / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY UNIVERSAL HISTORY ARCHIVE / UIG / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Perpetual motion machine described by the Jesuit Stanislaus Solski c1610. Water was pumped from reservoir alternately up the vertical pipes to the upper reservoirs A,B. The small reservoirs C,D were filled from them. E,F are pumps operated by the oscillation of the small reservoirs C,D. Engraving from Theatri Machinarum Hydraulicum by Jacob Leupold (Leipzig, 1774).
Model release not required. Property release not required.