GETTY RESEARCH INSTITUTE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY GETTY RESEARCH INSTITUTE / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
The Mosque of Omar and a corner of Jerusalem's wall, engraved from a daguerreotype made by George Skene Keith (1819-1910) in 1844. The Mosque of Omar is located opposite the southern courtyard of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in the Muristan. It was built in its current shape by the Ayyubid Sultan Al-Afdal ibn Salah ad-Din in 1193, in memory of Caliph Omar (579-644), who prayed at this site.
Model release not required. Property release not required.