This image is not available for purchase in your country.

Death cap mushroom

Death cap mushroom

C029/6921

Rights Managed

This image is not available for purchase in your country.

Please contact your Account Manager if you have any query.

Credit

PASCAL GOETGHELUCK / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY PASCAL GOETGHELUCK / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption

Death cap mushroom (Amanita phalloides) growing on a woodland floor. This is the most poisonous mushroom known. It grows in woodland, usually oak, in late summer and autumn throughout Europe and North America. Symptoms begin up to a day after the mushrooms are eaten, and usually start with stomach pains, vomiting and diarrhoea, which may last 24 hours or more. This is usually followed by an apparent recovery, but death occurs within a few days from liver and kidney failure. Treatment must begin very soon after ingestion to prevent death.

Release details

Model release not required. Property release not required.

 {{ i.shot_duration ? i.shot_duration + ' ' : '' }}{{ i.shot_uhd ? '4K ' : i.hires ? 'HD ' : '' }}{{ i.spl_number }} R{{ i.license }}

  • Add to board
  • Similar {{ mediaType(i) }}