50.5 MB (50.0 MB compressed)
3425 x 5150 pixels
29.0 x 43.7 cm ⏐ 11.4 x 17.2 in (300dpi)
MARK SYKES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY MARK SYKES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Tinsley cooling towers being inspected before demolition. These towers were built in 1938 as part of the Blackburn Meadows power station and stood over 75 metres tall. The power station was closed down in 1970, but the towers were left standing as they were very close to a busy road bridge. The towers were finally demolished on 24th August 2008. Photographed in Sheffield, UK.
Model release not available. Property release not required.