OXFORD UNIVERSITY IMAGES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY OXFORD UNIVERSITY IMAGES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Editorial use only.
John Burdon-Sanderson (1828-1905), British physiologist. When the Waynflete Chair of Physiology was established at Oxford in 1882, Burdon-Sanderson was chosen to be its first occupant. In 1895, Sanderson was appointed Regius Professor of Medicine at Oxford. In 1899 he was created a Baronet, of Banbury Road in the Parish of Saint Giles in the City of Oxford.
Model release not available. Property release not required.