SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Ader telephone station. French engineer Clement Ader (1841-1925). The design includes a transmitter (pad at centre), two receivers (earphones on hooks at left and right), batteries (lower centre), and an electric bell (top centre). The telephone was developed in the 1870s, with several inventors pioneering the technology. This illustration is from 'Physique Populaire' (Emile Desbeaux, 1891).
Model release not required. Property release not required.