16.1 MB (949.0 KB compressed)
3000 x 1881 pixels
25.4 x 16.0 cm ⏐ 10.0 x 6.3 in (300dpi)
SPUTNIK / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY SPUTNIK / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Pulkovo Observatory in World War II. German soldiers in the ruins of Pulkovo Observatory, St Petersburg, Russia, in 1944, during World War II. Founded in 1839 by the German-Russian astronomer Friedrich Georg Wilhelm von Struve, this observatory is today the principal astronomy centre for the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Model release not available. Property release not available.