DUNCAN SHAW / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY DUNCAN SHAW / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Mediaeval hospital ruins. Remains of what is thought to have been the largest hospital in mediaeval Scotland. Known as Soutra Aisle, this was originally part of the church at the House of the Holy Trinity, a large medieval hospital that was run by Augustinian monks from the 12th to 17th Century. This structure went on to become the burial vault (aisle) of a local family, and is all that remains of the hospital now. Photographed at 1200 feet, at the top of the Lammermuir Hills, near Lauder, Scotland, UK.
Model release not available. Property release not required.