LONDON METROPOLITAN ARCHIVES / HERITAGE IMAGES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY LONDON METROPOLITAN ARCHIVES / HERITAGE IMAGES / SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
View of the Pantheon and adjoining premises on Oxford Street, Westminster, London, 1814. Designed by James Wyatt, the Pantheon was a place of public entertainment that opened in 1772. It was destroyed by a fire in 1792 but was rebuilt in 1795, re-opening with a masquerade ball. It was converted into a theatre by NW Cundy in 1811-1812, but closed in 1814. The building later served as a bazaar, then as the offices of a wine merchant before being demolished in 1937 to make way for a branch of Marks and Spencer.
Model release not required. Property release not required.